September 10th, 11th, and 12th is the weekend to celebrate the War of 1812 in Baltimore at the Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, located only three miles from the 1840’s Carrollton Inn. Beginning on Friday evening with a ceremonial procession of over one-hundred War of 1812 reenactors, the procession will start at the Star Spangled Banner Flag House and continue to the Inner Harbor where a ceremony will take place at the amphitheater. Following the ceremony the “soldiers” will board boats and return to Fort McHenry. Other events include parades, fireworks, a ship-to-shore bombardment reenactment, and military bands. Don’t miss out on these historic events and a chance to become part of a Baltimore tradition while enjoying your stay at the 1840’s Carrollton Inn!
Archive for September, 2010
Enjoy your extended Labor Day weekend at the 1840’s Carrollton Inn! During Labor Day weekend many events are taking place that you simply cannot miss out on!
- American Visionary Art Museum Now-September 5th!
- Baltimore Summer Antique Show! September 2nd through the 5th all day!
- Pennsylvania Avenue Homecoming weekend festival! September 3rd, 4th, and 5th!
- Harborplace’s Summer Concerts! Only two left! On September 4th Old Man Brown (Old Southern Soul) and on September 5th Mambo Combo (Latin)
- Navy Week! Now through September 6th all day!
- Maryland vs. Navy! September 6th from 4-7p.m. at M&T Bank Stadium!
Take a weekend away with us here at the 1840’s Carrollton Inn, you will not be disappointed!